DNA Purification - Manual Detritylation of Oligonucleotides
1. If the trityl group is not removed from a newly-synthesized oligonucleotide, it may interfere with polymerization reactions.
2. Evaporate the oligonucleotide to dryness.
3. Add 300 µL 80% Acetic acid. Incubate at 22° for 20 min.
4. Add 300 µL 100% Ethanol. Evaporate to dryness.
5. If a white precipitate forms from volatile salts: resuspend in 300 µL ddH2O, add 300 µL 100% Ethanol. Evaporate to dryness.
6. Resuspend oligonucleotide in 500 µL ddH2O.
Last Update: Thursday, 19-Jun-2014 11:47:16 PDT
This page has been viewed 760 times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu