DNA Purification - Concentration by Butanol Extraction
1. Prior to precipitation, dilute DNA solution may be concentrated to allow precipitation in smaller volumes.
2. Add an equal volume of 2-Butanol to DNA solution and mix by vortexing.
3. Centrifuge sample for 1 min.
4. Remove the UPPER, organic layer and discard.
5. Repeat the procedure as needed. However, salts, as well as DNA, are concentrated. If the solution is concentrated too much, the salts may precipitate.
6. Precipitate the DNA with an equal volume of Isopropanol.
Last Update: Thursday, 19-Jun-2014 11:47:16 PDT
This page has been viewed 135 times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu