DNA Purification - Wizard Columns
1. Add 100 µL of Extraction Buffer to liquid sample; mix well.
2. Add 1 µL of Beads. Vortex well three times for 5 sec, waiting 15 sec between repetitions.
3. Transfer solution to 3 mL syringe and slowly (2 drops/sec) apply to column.
4. Add 2 mL 80% Isopropanol to syringe and slowly apply to column.
5. Place column on a 1.5 mL Microfuge tube. Spin for 1 min.
6. Transfer column to a fresh tube. Add 50 µL TE to column. Wait 1 min.
7. Spin column in tube for 1 min. Discard column.
8. For Low-Melting-Point agarose, heat in extraction buffer at 42° until melted. Proceed as above.
9. For large (> 3 kb) fragments, elute DNA with TE at 65°.
Last Update: Thursday, 19-Jun-2014 11:47:18 PDT
This page has been viewed 200 times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu