"Quick" Chromosomal DNA Preparation
This procedure has been in use in our lab for years, and
is loosely based on a long-ago conversation with Wayne Barnes.
- Pellet 1 mL fresh o/n
- Resuspend in 0.5 mL "QDNA" buffer
- (Vortexing at this point will cause shearing,
- which may or may not be bad, depending on your needs).
- 5' x 100C
- Spin down debris, save the supernatant as a
- frozen stock.
- Use only after a dilution of at least 1:100, or the
- SDS in the buffer will inhibit subsequent reactions; do
- not let the DNA sit for long periods of time after dilution,
- as it is heavily contaminated with nucleases.
10 mM Tris [pH 7.4]
1 mM EDTA
0.2 % SDS
Last Update: Thursday, 19-Jun-2014 11:37:07 PDT
This page has been viewed 261 times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu