DNA Reaction - Digestion with 8 bp Site Restriction Endonucleases
1. Prepare DNA in Agarose Plugs.
2. Rinse plugs for 60 min at 22° twice with large volumes of 1 X Restriction Buffer without Mg++.
3. Discard buffer. Place plug in 1.5 mL microcentrifuge tube. Add 1 X Mg++-free Restriction Buffer to cover plug.
4. Add 5 µL Restriction endonuclease and incubate at 15° for 30 min with swirling.
5. Add MgCl2 to a final concentration of 2.5 mM.
6. Incubate at appropriate temperature overnight.
7. Remove buffer with a pipet tip.
8. Cleave plug into 2 portions. Load one portion into slot in agarose gel.
9. Cover with agarose. Electrophorese.
Last Update: Thursday, 19-Jun-2014 11:50:25 PDT
This page has been viewed 138 times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu