DNA Quantification - TCA Precipitation
Jeff Lawrence (Z01)
1. Dilute radioactive sample to a 100 µL volume
2. Spot 5 µL of the sample onto the center of a 2.4 cm Whatman GF/C glass-fiber disc.
3. Mix 5 µL of the sample with 100 µL Salmon sperm DNA (50 mg in 20 mM EDTA).
4. Add 5 mL ice cold 10% Trichloroacetic acid (TCA). Mix well and incubate on ice for 15 min.
5. Filter the solution through a separate GF/C glass-fiber disc.
6. Wash the filter 6 times with 5 mL ice-cold 10% TCA.
7. Wash filter once with 5 mL 95% Ethanol.
8. Dry both filter under a heat lamp.
9. When dry, count each in a scintillation counter.
10. The first filter measures total radioactivity. The second filter measures radioactivity incorporated into DNA fragments greater than 20 nucleotides in length.
This page has been viewed times.
eckofoid at ucdavis.edu